The Cedars-Sinai Program in the History of Medicine is now annoucing their 2022-23 schedule of six-week courses. Enrollment is now open for the first course, which begins September 1.
The schedule this year includes:
- The Jewish Medical Tradition: From the Bible to the Recent Past (September 1-October 6)
- The History of Women in Medicine (October 12-November 16)
- A History of Nursing (Spring 2023)
- Medicine and the Six Senses (Spring 2023)
- A History of French Gastronomy (Spring 2023)
The Jewish Medical Tradition: From the Bible to the Recent Past will be taught by Dr. Sari J. Siegel, Director of the Center for Medicine, Holocaust, and Genocide Studies, with guest lectures by Rabbi Dr. Jason Weiner, Senior Rabbi and Director of Spiritual Care at Cedars-Sinai. The course meets Thursday, September 1-October 6 over Zoom from 5:00-6:00 pm. All meetings will be recorded and the recordings will be made available to enrollees. The course syllabus will be available on the course webpage soon, but it is also attached for your convenience.
If you would like to enroll in The Jewish Medical Tradition: From the Bible to the Recent Past, you need only email us expressing interest in the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.