The Consortium invites proposals for new online working groups focusing on specialized topics in the history of science, technology or medicine. This call is for groups that will meet between January 1 and December 31, 2021.
Working groups foster a collegial and stimulating environment for scholars at all levels from around the world to work together in small groups, discussing works-in-progress and other literature of interest. Groups are hosted through the Consortium’s website. Participation will be promoted among the Consortium’s members, fellows and larger community. Individuals or groups can participate from anywhere via video conference.
- Describe the scope and purpose of the proposed working group
- Include a preliminary list of topics or titles for seven to twelve meetings
- Identify at least eight scholars committed to attending meetings
- Include a plan for promotion of the working group to relevant scholars
- Indicate how the proposed group complements, overlaps with, or is distinct from, other currently active or past working groups
- Include brief biographical statements from two or three scholars who will serve as conveners
- Indicate whether the proposed working group is part of, or arises from, a larger project, conference session, publication or other collaboration.
We encourage proposals with a mix of conveners at different levels of seniority. Renewal of successful groups will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applications are due no later than November 15, 2020.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding working groups.