Philadelphia's first city-wide science festival was the occasion for several news items of interest:
- Philly's science history: more than the kite and the key
- Marty Levitt, Librarian of the American Philosophical Society, and Susan Glassman, Director of the Wagner Free Institute of Science were both interviewed about the history of Philadelphia science for a program broadcast on WHYY radio. The Society and the Institute are both members of our consortium.
- Historians and actors to relate moments that weren't quite right
- The Science section of the Philadelphia Inquirer had several interviews with historians of science for a column about an event that the Center helped to organize as part of the science festival.
- Where science came from
- The Philadelphia Inquirer also ran an article about the importance of Philadelphia to the history of science and the importance of history of science.